v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

Rio MeeBox: Swatches, Nail Art and Review

meebox ambassador review rio nail polish subscription box

Let me just put it out there that I am not the biggest sports fan. I have a few favourite disciplines and games that I like watching but I don't think I'll be plastered to the TV to watch the Olympic Games this summer. Although I'm sure the TV WILL be on because that's one of the perks (or not) of having a boyfriend! However, the one thing I love about the Olympics is the opening ceremony because I love how the hosting country's culture is implemented into it. But why am I talking about sport on a nail art blog?? Because the newest MeeBox edition is all about the Olympic Games in Rio! I think the theme is very clever (no surprise there!) because even if you're not a fan of sporting events, the colours in this box are perfect for a summer mani. Right, that's enough chatter, let's have a look at what's in the box!


SWATCHES AND TOOLS

Morgan Taylor - Later Alligator* 

morgan taylor later alligator creme green swatch furiousfiler

This is such a beautiful green shade. It reminds me of the evergreen trees, it has that cold, almost blue tinge. The consistency was very creamy. Here I'm wearing 2 coats and no top coat.

Trust Fund Beauty - Denim with Diamonds*

trust fund beauty swatch denim with diamonds furiousfiler

One of the reasons I love MeeBox is that I get introduced to new brands, such as Trust Fund Beauty. I've never tried it before but I've heard about it and I was super excited to give it a go. 'Denim and Diamonds' is a vibrant blue with a dusting of shimmer. The formula was very easy to work with but jelly-like so I didn't manage to get it fully opaque despite applying 3 coats. I've made a mental note to check what it would look like over a white and black base.

Models Own - Luis Lemon*

luis lemon models own swatch neon highlighter yellow

Quick, put your sunnies on! This highlighter yellow has a sheer formula so I applied 2 coats over a white base. It literally hurts my eyes. I LOVE IT!<3

Tweexy Wearable Nail Polish Holder*

tweexy wearable nail polish holder how to use

I've seen this product popping up on my social media feed for quite some time now and if I'm honest I didn't see the appeal. So it's a nail polish holder...but can't you just put your bottle on the table? My mind was rapidly changed when I used it recently to paint my toe nails. I hate pretty much everything about pedicures. They are so uncomfortable and um no, I can't put my bottle on the table! Tweexy has really made the job easier as long as I remembered to keep my hand straight to avoid spilling my polish.

tweexy rubber matte polish holder close up review

It fitted most of my nail polish bottles apart from OPIs (which were popping out) and Nails Inc (which were too wide and rectangular). It has 2 stretchy rings attached at the bottom and it was really comfortable to wear. My fingers are rather thin but I used my boyfriend as a guinea pig (DON'T tell his mates!) and it feels comfortable on his hand too. 


NAIL ART

Apart from 3 beautiful polishes, MeeBox have also included Deco It floral stickers* in their box. This summer Rio de Janeiro might be all about the Olympics but let's not forget that it's a tropical place full of beautiful nature! I kept thinking of women wearing (real) floral hair bands so I created little hair bands on my nails. I decided to keep it simple with a negative space half moon. I covered the border between my natural nail and the blue polish with a selection of the floral stickers. I sealed my design with a top coat.

negative spave floral stickers deco it nails blue

You can't possibly imagine how long this mani I'm about to show you has been on my 'to do' list. I don't know where it came from or if I saw it somewhere but for whatever reason, I really wanted to create a smooshy design with bright blue, green and yellow shades. The problem was I didn't really have that many bright shades. Oh, and I can't do a smooshy design. A small, insignificant detail! I had a few goes at these and I think this is the best I can do at this point. Most of the time I just managed to merge all the colours into one ( to much smooshing??) but I'm quite pleased with how these turned out! I added a few studs from the Red Carpet themed MeeBox I reviewed back in February.

smoosh neon yellow nail design studs rio olympics

What do you think about the Rio edit MeeBox and my designs? Are you a sports fan? I still feel like I'm missing that sporty vibe so stay tuned, there might be more designs using these beauties very soon. Xx

Connect with MeeBox


10 comments

  1. Gorgeous! I love what you did with the colours. Definitely wish I had that box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marta this is a stunning lost with amazing nail art. Your designs are always so perfect. I love the floral head band mani, it's so pretty.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous swatches as always! I did a smoosh with this months colours too, I think yours worked out better than mine haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoosh is literally so hard! But I'm glad you like it, I'm looking forward to seeing your! X

      Delete
  4. I saw the polish holder too on several sites but I didn't thought that it can be useful. Love the nail art manicures and swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea. I'm not sure I'd use it when painting nails but its amazing for pedicures! x

      Delete
  5. Great review hun :) I love the models own it is so bright you need sunglasses on just to look at it LOL beautiful swatches as always x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved your review and design x

      Delete