v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

Nail Art | Diabolical Nail Varnish

Have you ever seen the Grand Budapest Hotel? It's one of my favourite films so when Firebox contacted me about a nail polish set inspired by it, I was excited to test it out!

diabolical nail varnish firebox grand budapest hotel nailart


The 3 piece set is titled 'Diabolical' and it includes a sheer light pink, an aubergine purple and a grey nail polish. They come in a pink package representing a cake wrapping featured in the film. I love that idea! The funny names of the polishes all refer to phrases and scenes in the film. I won't give you any spoilers, in case some of you haven't seen the Grand Budapest Hotel but I think it's very funny and um, different. That's all I'm saying! All polishes needed 2 coats for full opacity apart from the light pink one as I don't think it's meant to be opaque anyway. I applied 3 coats but it's still very sheer. 

diabolical nail varnish swatch grand budapest hotel

I decided to base my design not on the glamorous hotel but the prison break! Not THE 'Prison Break' tv series, although....anyone know if that's really coming back or is that all just a joke?! No, my design is based on the part of the film where the main character played by Ralph Fiennes escapes the prison. I was trying to capture the majestic keys of the hotel mixed with the stripy prison uniform. A kind of 'fallen from grace' design, if you like!

keys stripes border prison nail art grand budapest hotel

Nail polish: Physically Repulsed*, Enchanting Old Ruin*, Dynamite in the Sack*, Barry M  
Tools: striping brush, nail vinyls, MoYou London Kitty 11 plate, Clear Jelly Stamper* 
Top coat: Glisten & Glow HK Girl

Diabolical Nail Varnish* is available for £12.99 from Fireboxwhere you can find a lot more unusual products. I think the set reflects the Grand Budapest Hotel vibe very well and I love the packaging! What do you think about it?

No comments