v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

Review | Winkel Nails

Today I want to show you a new nail polish brand on the block, Winkel Nails. As a nail polish addict I love trying new brands. What's made me want to give this one a go was that the polishes I'm about to show you are 5 free and cruelty free. What's not to like? For those of you who are not familliar with those terms, it means that the polishes are free from the 5 main toxins and are not tested on animals. I was kindly sent two shades of my choosing and another two extra so let's have a look!

winkel london review holographic glitter 5 free cruelty


I love purple so as you can imagine the first colour I chose was this gorgeous Light Lavender* shade. It's very similar to Ciate Sugar Plum (which I love) but I find the application so much better. It's a pastel shade so you'd expect the formula to be a bit tricky and patchy but not this one! The polish is easy to work with and very opaque. I was really impressed! Here I'm wearing two coats and a top coat.

winkel light lavender swatch review #110

I love trying colours that are unusual and different and this Dark Turquoise* is definitely one of them. I don't have anything quite like it in my collection. The colour is exactly as the name suggests, a dark greeny blue. The formula was really pigmented and easy to work with. The only thing I'd say is that it stains your skin so don't get it over your cuticles! I'm wearing two coats in the picture.

winkel nails swatch dark turquoise #145 review

Next up is Latte* which has a hint of yellow/mustard in it. I wasn't too sure about it at first but I love how it works with my skin tone. It was a little bit patchy but the formula was self levelling so I got the perfect coverage in two coats.

latte winkel nails swatch #102 mustard yellow nails

Frozen* really makes me want to put the Disney film on! This holographic blue glitter looks just like Elsa's sparkly dress. Don't even pretend you haven't watched it and *perhaps* sang 'Let it go' while you were at it. I know you did!

french lace nails holographic glitter winkel frozen #159

I thought it complimented the Dark Turquoise* really well so I added one layer on top. I thought the brush distributed the glitter well and there was no dabbing involved. One more thing I just have to mention is the removal. I was kicking myself for forgetting a peel off base coat and I was totally prepared to lose it. But it was so easy to take it off. It was no different to removing a normal nail polish. I think that's a first!

I really like this look so I decided to add a bit of nail art. I used a lace french stamp from MoYou London Bridal 07 plate and topped it off with a layer of Glisten&Glow HK Girl.

damask nails dry brush lace stamp studs baroquen

I haven't done a damask design in a while and these colours were just begging for one! I created a (heavy handed) dry brush base and applied a stamp from MoYou London Fashionista 07 plate. I love how all the colours peek though the gaps! I used MoYou London Black Knight and BPS clear stamper* (reviewed here) and complemented the look with black studs from bornprettystore.com.

Remember that if you shop at Born Pretty Store you can use my code SXL91 for 10 % off at checkout.

stamp moyou fashionista studs bps damask dry brush

I have to say, I'm quite impressed with these polishes. They dry really fast too which is always a plus! I think £5.99 for a 5ml bottle is a bit pricey but then a lot of 5 free and cruelty free polishes would cost you a similar amount. You can find all you need to know about Winkel Nails on their website. Also that reminds me that my package came in a striped red and white envelope that matches the website's background. How cute is that? I love that kind of attention to detail! 

What do you think about the polishes and my designs? Thanks for stopping by xx



No comments