v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

Glamour Beauty Festival 2016 - My Experience

Yesterday I attended the Glamour Beauty Festival which was a two day event that took place at the Saatchi Gallery in London. I had so much fun and got so many goodies! I first thing I did as I arrived was attend the 'Beauty x Social Media' talk. The panel included Jim Chapman, Fleur de Force, Estee Lalonde and Glamour Beauty Editor Alessandra Steinherr. It was really awesome to listen to their experiences and advice. I was so happy they got to answer my question because it has been really bugging me, although I was so nervous I don't know how they made any sense of whatever I said!

glamour beauty festival 2016 blogger review experiance



I didn't actually take many pictures from the event itself because as it was my first beauty event, I was too absorbed in talking to people, checking out the companies and indulging in treatments! There were all sorts of options available like having your hair styled, trying out make up, facials, but I of course headed straight for the nail department!

b&w stamp moyou london elegant leaf pattern nails

'Do you mean to say your nails were not done for the beauty event?!'. Of course they were! Jeez, seriously! I went for a classic black/white/gold design and I really liked how it turned out but I still fancied having my nails done by a professional. I used MoYou London Artist 04 plate and their Black Knight polish for the leaves and Barry M Cotton as my base. I also added a few gold foil bits using Barry M Treasure Chest from their Aquarium Collection. 

barry m treasure chest gold foil glam floral nails

There were three options available. Sally Hansen team was focusing on the nourishment and treatment, Rimmel was offering manicures using their new gel polishes and OPI was all about nail art. You can guess which stall I chose! As I was standing in a queue for my manicure, the OPI girls were taking the polish off all the ladies who had any on. I clearly didn't think this through as my gold foil took FOREVER to remove. Oops! The poor girl spent ages trying to get rid of it but she was lovely and at least we got a chance to chat. When my time came to have my manicure done, it was with the one and only Sophie from The Illustrated Nail! You might think that was so lucky but I believe in creating your own luck. This is where my polish removing buddy comes in. I don't even know your name but I just want to say thank you so much, you made my day! :D

glamour beauty festival opi manicure the illustrated nail

How gorge is this manicure? Sophie created a half moon accent nail with a rectangular stud and I love it! It was really lovely to have a chat with someone who is clearly also very passionate about nail art. Thanks for all your advice, Sophie!

Now let's have a look at the treats! Apart from the official goodie bag (worth £160!) there were also companies' representatives giving away little treats. I tried fitting them all in one picture but it was pretty impossible! So I'm going to show you them in sections: hair products, skincare and make up and last but not least, nail goodies!

glamour beauty festival goodie bag redken ghd ogc

liz earle lancome nars benefit glamour beauty festival

sally hansen opi rimmel illamasqua glamour beauty festival

I think we can agree that the goodie bag was simply FAB! I can't wait to try all the products. I particularly love the Illamasqua 'Pink Raindrops'. I has very unusual glitter and shimmer pieces and it's stunning! I am a Liz Earle fanatic and a day doesn't go by when I don't use Cleanse and Polish so I'm so happy there was a bottle included!

Overall I had a really great experience at the Glamour Beauty Festival and I am definately attending the event next year! I loved having my nails done and listening to all the advice I got from the beauty bloggers. Are there any beauty events you like going to or plan on going to? I think I've caught the bug and now I just want to go everywhere!

Thanks for stopping by xx

1 comment

  1. you lucky thing. seems you had a great time. I can't wait to see what you come up with your goody bag products.I love the moon and stud effect too.

    ReplyDelete