v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

Flower Nail Art with Essie Flowerista

I know what you're thinking, whose nubbins are these?! Bear with me, there's an explanation! Basically, I came across a nail art contest that required recreating a wall flower design. The nail art was done by The Illustrated Nail and it was gorgeous! Like, to the point were I 'recreated' a pretty much identical design...so you'd be surprised to know that I didn't win! WHAT?! I know right, what a joke.

floral wedding nail designs spring essie flowerista


Anyway, the point is this design is springy and fresh and I simply thought it was time for a change. I was thinking about having a different nail shape for a while (because you know, it's totally, like, a life changing decision, lol) and I finally chopped it off.

essie swatch flowerista purple nailbox february 2016 furiousfiler

One of the polishes I used in this design was Essie Flowerista which was a part of my recent Nailbox. The theme this month was 'Retro' which is totally not my thing so I wasn't a massive fan of the colour scheme but I absolutely loved this rich pinky purple! The brush is rounded so it creates a nice clean line about your cuticles and it can easily be a one coater! Here I'm wearing two coats. Isn't it stunning? 

Let's have another look at the design I created. As a base I used Mavala Mava-White which is a perfect french manicure shade. I reviewed it here. I have probably the longest nails I've ever had in that post so you can see the difference if you're here for the first time. Or you just forgot ;)

wedding flower delicate nails spring manicure free hand

The middles of my flowers are done using Rimmel Caramel Cupcake which was one of the polishes in my October Nailbox. You can find a swatch and a full review here.

What do you guys think about my new nail shape?? I have to admit I couldn't get use to them at first and regretted my decision straight away, but now I love them and I think they are here to stay! 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Xx

No comments