v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

Fireworks for New Year's Eve? Erm, Holo?!

What I can't understand is why do we celebrate New Year's Eve in such close proximity to Christmas. The fridge is STILL packed full of leftovers and it is very likely that I've gained a stone in the past week. Oh and I'm supposed to wear a bodycon dress tonight. Fantastic. 

OK so New Year's Eve might not be my thing but I tell you what is, fireworks! I might resemble a balloon tonight but at least my nails are 'fit' for the occasion;) 

foil holographic pink bornprettystore colourblock striping tape nails
Foil from bornpretystore.com without top coat

Let's start from the beginning, shall we? I first applied 2-3 layers of NYC Spring in New York. Once it dried completely I applied a few lines of striping tape and painted over them with Rimmel Black Out. I removed the striping tape swiftly. 

bornprettystore holographic foil stars review furious filer

I then applied foil glue over the black polish. Once it was dry I added a holographic foil from bornprettystore.com. The foil is very long so you can produce plenty of manicures! It's clear with holographic stars printed over it. It reminds me of fireworks so I decided to use it for today's design. It applied very well and the entire pattern transfered onto my nails. Unfortunately, the top coat dulled it and cracked it up. I found that this is a common problem with nail foils. But I didn't give up so easily! I tested every single top coat I own and finally found the one that works!

Here's a picture with Nails Inc Kensington Caviar top coat on. I gives it an awesome shine and although there is a TINY bit of cracking I still love it.

holographic foil nails stripes stars stud colourblock nails

This nail foil is perfect for the current party season and you can find it here. Don't forget that you can use my code SXL91 for 10% OFF at checkout. What do you think?

I hope you will have a great New Year's Eve. If you are out tonight you might even spot me! I'll be the one in a bodycon dress. Don't worry, I have my Bridget Jones underwear ready #classy. Roll on 2016! Xx

No comments