v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

Party Animal

Have you noticed all the awesome nail art competitions going on this month? I mean seriously there are so many and I want to take part in all of them. I can't of course, because after the 31 Day Challenge I need a breather!
snake skin pattern mosaic chrome metallic nails


I spotted #PartyPolished competition on Twitter a few weeks ago and just couldn't let that one pass. All you have to do is create a nail art design inspired by one of the 6 chosen bonprix dresses. This is one of my favourite types of competitions. I am very often inspired by clothes in general but I love looking at a piece of fashion and making it my own. I feel like 'inspired by' kind of prompts are great guidelines and what you make of it is completely up to you! Did I mention you could win a 50 quid bonprix voucher and lots of Barry M products? Erm, yes please! 

Here is a link to competition in case you haven't seen it yet. I was inspired by the animal wrap dress. First of all, I love wrap dresses! They're comfortable and so versatile. Add a cardigan and flats for a casual look or glam up with some heels for a night out. Perfect! I also love the unusual sleeves on this dress. It has a grey snake skin design all over it and I realised that I've never done a snake skin design so here it is!
animal print snake chrome silver mosaic nails

This was actually really fun to make. Some time ago I spotted a mosaic tutorial by @Sveta_Sanders on Instagram. The design was lovely but I couldn't help feeling that it looked a lot like a snake skin so I decided to give it a go! The idea is pretty simple, very similar to a home made decal. You paint your polish of choice on a stamper, add a top coat and wait for it to dry. You then lift it off and cut it into small squares. I used Golden Rose Color Expert 93 which is a lovely green/gold metallic and two chromes by BeautyUK, Olimpic Silver and Gun Metal. I know the dress is rather monochrome but it is a Party Wear collection dress so a bit of bling can't hurt, right?!
#partypolished snake skin chrome metallic mosaic nails

For my base I used Barry M Cotton. As soon as I applied it I started placing the little squares while the polish was still wet and finished off with a coat of HK Girl Glisten&Glow.  What do you think? I just love how it turned out. Fingers crossed I'm in with a shot! 

No comments