v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

31 Day Challenge: Inspired by fashion

I wasn't too sure what to do for today's 31 Day Challenge prompt. I like fashion fine but I'm not really into the latest trends. I know what style I like and whenever I go shopping I'm just picking bits and bobs to complement it. So I decided to do today's mani based on handbags that I really like.

#31dc2015 quilted nails 3d pearl charm matte


I love the look of quilted bags especially when they have some metal embellishments here and there! So I attempted to recreate it on my nails. I used a tutorial by The Polish Challenge to help me along the way. I applied 2 coats of Rimmel Danny Boy, Blue and topped it with a matte top coat by Barry M. I then used a floss pick to create the quilted look.

#31dc2015 matte glamourous caviar beads quilted blue nails

I wanted to pair it with a nude polish and Ciate Iced Frappe seemed like the perfect choice. I haven't used it in a long time and I really love how it compliments the blue. Now a bit of bling! I know I've been using a lot of products from bornprettystore.com lately but honestly, most of my studs and bling and what not IS from that shop whether I bought it or received it for review.

3d bornprettystore pearl charm gold embelishment

These 3D pearl decoration* have the same feature I spoke of here, they are curved! My nails are curved and 3D embellishments usually don't stick well but these do! They have a nice golden outline and the pearl inside doesn't stick out above it. The are five charms in the pack. I added some caviar beads around it from Ciate.

I really like this manicure from the quilted 3D design and bling embellishments to the matte finish. It was my first attempt at the quilted technique and it think it didn't go too bad! What do you think?

See you tomorrow! Xx

No comments