v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

1,2,3.4 I declare a thumb war!

I'm so beyond excited to tell you about the new Models Own competition on Instagram! It's called #1234thumbwar and the idea behind it is to get your creativity going. Get it right and there is a £150 Models Own goodie bag in it for you. You heard me, 150 quid! Excited yet?

#1234thumbwar nail art competition



Every month a picture is released on Models Own's Instagram page. All you have to do is let your creativity run free and design a nail art inspired by the photo. I and a few other beauty bloggers were asked to create a design just to give you an idea of how this competition works. Here is the inspiration picture and my interpretation of it. Can you tell what I was inspired by?

polish for tans, leopard print bright border31234thumbwar

POLISH FOR TANS, leopard print, bright, border

The photo is so bright and colourful, there was really only one choice when it came to polishes. Models Own Polish for Tans* collection all the way! I used Turquoise Sea*, Malibu Pink* and Beach Bag*. I also used Konad stamping polish for the leopard print. It is hand painted but I've run out of black polish so I had to use what I had. For this design I was looking at the very detailed 'belt' and found a leopard toy. I found it so bold and unusual I just had to put it on my nails!

dotticure dots dry brush bright polish for tans

My second design was inspired by the entire belt so I recreated it with colourful dots over a purple background. I used Models Own Malibu Pink*, Sarong Wrap*, Tourquise Sea*, Beach Bag* and Flip Flop*. The belt also has these plastic strings (cable ties?) so I attempted to recreate them with a delicate dry brush.

What do you think? Are you going to enter? Don't forget to use hashtag #1234thumbwar when you upload your pictures. You can find all the info you need on Models Own's Insta and Facebook pages. Good luck! Xx

No comments